Popular posts from this blog
Week 12 - Artist - Abramovic-Althamer
Marina Abramovic is a conceptual and performance artist from Serbia and a philanthropist, writer, and filmmaker. Her work examines body art, endurance art, and feminist art, as well as the performer-audience interaction, the body's boundaries, and the mind's possibilities. Abramovi claims to herself as the "grandmother of performance art" because she has been working for over four decades. By including onlookers and focusing on "confronting pain, blood, and physical boundaries of the body," she pioneered a new concept of identity. Abramovi used aspects of ritual and gesture in her first performance in Edinburgh in 1973. The artist played a Russian game in which rhythmic knife jabs are aimed between the splayed fingers of one's hand, using twenty knives and two tape recorders. She would pick up a new knife from the row of twenty she had lined up each time she cut herself, and she would keep track of the procedure. This piece was called the Rythm 10, she ...
Week 10 - Art Activity - Intermedia
Living in the 21st I thought about something that I frequently use: Snapchat, which falls under the social media category. To be honest, I couldn't think about anything for this prompt, so I decided to show some of the thoughts I have daily, I don't want to go into any details or add more because I'm not in the mood. Lately, I have just been tired and sad, so doing most of my assignments is taking a lot out of me. I'm not saying the assignments are hard or anything, I'm just not in the mood to do anything. I have a test tomorrow, but I have hardly studied, I'm just waiting for summer classes to end but then comes the new school year. Anyways back to the topic, I chose social media as my media because a lot of us use it, especially Instagram and TikTok. I use snap the most, I Snapchat my best friend a lot and she snaps me a lot as well. Social media can have a positive and negative impact on users. Besides Snapchat, I was also considering painting/drawing my t...
Comments
Post a Comment